Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: Flirting with Disaster (Camelot #3) by Ruthie Knox

Dear Ruthie Knox -- I adore you.

How is it that you always manage to write books that I can't put down? Please don't ever stop ;)

Flirting with Disaster is the third book in the Camelot series and the story of Katie (Caleb and Amber's younger sister) and Sean.

Like we learned in the 2nd book, Katie has returned from Alaska and a failed marriage to her high school sweetheart. She is the office manager for Caleb's security firm but aspires to do more with her life and decides to take a shot at being a field agent.

Enter Sean Owens. An acquaintance from high school, a temporary transplant from California, an agent in the office...and Katie's new partner.

Can we just talk a minute about how much I love Sean. He is all the things a good contemporary romance hero should be and then more. I mean...I. Love. Him. And without giving anything away, can I just say that for the first time in my life, I wish I lived somewhere where it snowed.

What I loved the most about this book was the fact that while Katie and Sean both have obvious flaws, neither one of them allows their weaknesses to define them. They are both true survivors who, even their weakest moments, aren't too proud to refuse help from their friends and family. And eventually each other.

The chemistry between Katie and Sean is evident from the very beginning -- and watching it grow and evolve into more kept me up reading way past my bedtime. Their story is believable and the ending totally works.

Thank you to Netgalley and Random House for allowing me the opportunity to read this book in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment