Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014 "Real" Book Challenge

Real Book Challenge on Swoony Boys Podcast and Fiction Fare


A few days ago, I was invited by the amazing ladies at Fic Fare and Swoony Boys Podcast to participate in their "Real" Book Challenge.

Now, considering just how addicted I am to my Kindle, I wasn't quite sure how I was going to be able to pull it off.  But then I looked at the bookshelves across the room from me and counted 13 books that I haven't read yet.  I own them, mind you...but haven't read them.  (And as I type this, I remember that another book I ordered should arrive today).

Plus, I do love the way a good book feels in my hands.  And the way I can use cute little post-its to mark my favorite passages.  And how some of the books are signed by my favorite authors.

Don't get me wrong -- I am not even close to giving up my Kindle (THE HORROR!), but I am all in on this challenge.

I am aiming for 30...but really hope to leave that number in the dust.  I'll update this post as I finish each book just so you know where things stand.  Accountability keeps me honest :)

You can find out more about the "Real" Book Challenge here.  Check it out, sign up, join the GoodReads group...it will be fun!

  1.  The Girl You Left Behind - Jojo Moyes
  2.  Reclaimed - Sarah Guillory
  3.  Looking for Alaska - John Green
  4.  Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott
  5.  Uninvited by Sophie Jordan
  6.  On the Fence by Kasie West
  7.  Siege & Storm by Leigh Bardugo
  8.  This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
  9.  Iron House by John Hart
10. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
11. The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson
12. Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
13. Defending Jacob by William Landay
14. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
15. Torn by Kim Karr
16. Mended by Kim Karr
17. How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo
18. Deeper by Robin York
19. The Siren by Tiffany Reisz
20. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
21. Covet by Tracey Garvis Graves
22. Landline by Rainbow Rowell
23. A Triple Knot by Emma Campion
24. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
25. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
26. The Opposite of Maybe by Maddie Dawson
27. The Angel by Tiffany Reisz
28. The Prince by Tiffany Reisz
29. The Mistress by Tiffany Reisz
30. The Saint by Tiffany Reisz

31.  Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline


 

No comments:

Post a Comment